Saturday, October 29, 2005

Another Day in Paradise


The natural beauty of this place never fails to amaze me. In spite of at least 2 horrible deaths here in the last couple of days, life goes on and wonderful people are still here in significant numbers. The smell of Jacaranda time is in the air and even an early gardenia has arrived. The rain has brought everything to life...... with attitude! Some amazing light shows through the week look set to be continued as another bank of storm clouds begin to form in the south west. As long as the possibly ensuing ferocity doesn't cause the young mangoes on that tree in Villiers St Grafton to hit the deck...then I'll be very happy.

But...so much to do..and so little time..continues to be my daily mantra. With semi-retirement in the offing (subtitled "actually leading a real life and doing what one wants at last...I hope!!") the frenzied gallop to the end of the year has begun in earnest. Year 12 formal just 2 weeks away and still thousands of photos to scan!!! So why am I doing this? Must be the "avoid the real/relevant/important stuff at any cost" via any diversion available. Good...got that out of my system...now I can get on with the other stuff. 'Carpe diem'..or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Guestbooks by Bravenet.com View my Guestbook
Free Guestbooks by Bravenet.com